facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Thursday, April 14, 2011

D-60 Maiden Flight

1.7 kg for 1.52m wingspan. This is unusual, but this is the flying weight of my D60. Yesterday, I maidened the D60 with 20 to 30 km/h of wind at my home slope. After the launch, I have been first surprised by the lift of the plane despite its high wingload. Then the cruise speed is already quite important. This is a good frontside sailplane for heavy conditions. But its home is back side :)

After few laps backside (or darkside ;) ), I had just one word to summarize the D60: woowwww !


Here is a short video of the first flights:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...